[real-eyes] Fw: In regards to share a fare

  • From: "Terrie Arnold" <tanderson3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <CCB-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 20:47:43 -0600

Hello list,
I hope someone out in your area can give the people here within my city some
help, as of Jan. 1st we have been invaded by VOLIA.     I understand that this
company party much controls the bus and para transit services across Calif. ,
we have had people refused service due to them having a guide dog and was told
by the head of the local METRO system that if they could leave their dog home
to go to work. the driver backed up and almost ran over the dog handler and his
dog. Drivers not getting out of the cab's not getting out of the cars , not
going to the door - as it is a door to door service. Someone told me that
someone sued Viola , and we really are in  need of some ideas to deal with this
matter. I believe you all may have some good ideas as we were sold a song and
dance that  they would train the people to know that they could not refuse a
guide dog simply to the fact that - had allergy's, their  religion, did  not
like dogs, and they were afraid of dogs.
    I had discussion with a driver about this situation and I told him that if
you were told that you would not be served because you are black , you would be
off the wall on that , so I told him the same thing it is with having a guide
dog. The dog is my eyes point blank. . . .
    So if anyone has a good idea of  dealing with this company please send a
email to"
terriedavo@xxxxxxxxx
Thanks for any help that you can give in this matter.
Terrie Arnold