[real-eyes] Re: Braille note or pac mate?

  • From: "Reginald George" <sgeorge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:29:40 -0500

You can sink the BN with the PC.
2.  You can hook your BN up to the computer and use it as a display even
though you can't detach the display.
3.  You can change the voice  on the note to Eloquence which is same as PM.
The built in FM radio is also fun.
4.  You can sync files with the PC using Active Sync.  It's just not quite
as easy since it doesn't use Pocket Word and Excel.  I thought the E-mail
program would sync with Outlook though.
5.  I do like the braille keyboard on the note better.

All that being said I still like a lot of things about the Omni.  Especially
being able to remove the display.  A GPS solution will be out soon and, I
think it's cheaper than the one for the note.