[real-eyes] Blindness and Synthesized Speech Research Project

  • From: Jim Fettgather <jimfettgather@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: real-eyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 08:12:46 -0600

This came across another list and seems like an interesting opportunity:

As a result of our "Creating a Workforce Based on Ability" conference
we have formed a relationship with AT&T's research team. The team will
be running a web-based experiment to evaluate the intelligibility of
synthesized speech. They are targeting participants who have been
blind from 6 years of age and under. Can you please pass this on to
everyone in your networks that are potential candidates to participate
in this study? This is a great opportunity to partner with corporate
industry and help them build products for our target market.

Please see the following link for more information:

http://dudley.research.att.com/tts/TESTS/TTSfasterRateIntelligibility/html/

Jan Goodman

Regional Disability Program Navigator

Greater Raritan One-Stop Career Center