[rc3r] Re: Rail Question

  • From: Ken Young <kanawha72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rc3r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 20:50:29 -0400

OK I tried googling Code 215 track and apparently its for G gauge. There were several suppliers, here's one:

http://www.switchcrafters.com/ez-catalog/X381875/14

Although aluminum rail seems like a poor choice as it oxidizes and the oxide is non conductive.

ken

On 5/15/2016 8:43 PM, Ken Young wrote:

Is Code 215 track tinplate rail? My Atlas O track is Code 140 so 215 must be huge.

Ken

On 5/15/2016 8:21 PM, Peter Condro wrote:
Bill, or anyone……if you can get me a Purple Hall map from York 2-3 years ago, I could probably pick the spot……..a guy/business would sell scale timber ties for O, HO, ON3, S, etc….and he had rails too…..they just stopped coming……I bet if you put an inquiry on the 2rail part of the OGR Forum, you’d get some answers.

Calling MB Klein and Caboose Hobbies might also be helpful.

Peter

On May 15, 2016, at 8:14 PM, Bill Michie <billm387@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good evening! Does anyone know of a dealer/vendor who sells 215 rail? I have a friend (and working on him as a prospective member) who is looking for 215 rail to use on his layout bridges. Short of stripping rails from 3-rail track, is purchasing just the rail an option?
Bill M.