[ratpack] Re: [elky] ID this car

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:44:51 -0700

It's a Ford GT or GT40 replica wearing Gulf/Wyer livery. The photo I attached is of a "real" one, racing in the rain (LeMans 1966?) although it might be a restored version running at Goodwood (vintage race car event in England.)

It's hard to tell if it's a new one (called the Ford GT) or a kit replica (lot of those were marketed) or a GT40 Mk I or II original.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_GT40

I bet John Weibel (A. N. Alog) can give you the chassis number. :)

Ray

At 03:23 PM 11/14/2009, you wrote:
Cindy was following a car home from a job the other night, and took a picture for me. Thought I would like it. (what a gal!)

Do you suppose this is a replica? A new GT painted up to look like the old one? or a vintage racer?

This was in Wayne, IL on the way in to Saint Charles. Either community has enough multi millionaires to support one of these stashed in their garage.

JC