[ratpack] Re: Pricing

  • From: "Larry Knight" <Larry.Knight@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:20:49 -0700

I think Paul is an excellent Marketer and I usually listen to him when
it comes to selling. I know I have tended to back away from the selling
side from time to time, it seems to sap some of the pure enjoyment of
the photography for me (and Paul too if I remember our discussions).  I
usually like to scale my price based on (and here comes a couple of big
words for me,  from my college marketing classes) market segmentation.
Some of my customers are Porsche 944 and Miata owners and they will not
pay $50 for 10 shots. However, Porsche 997 drivers don't bat an eye at
whatever you tell them. Ray is the best at this stuff.

Larry