[ratpack] Re: Pack meeting

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 15:49:39 -0600

I tried to find the exact speed in the landracing thread, but couldn't. It was just over 200, though.

The Buckeye Bullet just made a 300 mph pass. That car is powered by hydrogen fuel cells that run an electric induction motor that's about 2 ft in diameter and 3 feet long. As I recall it runs 450v at some outrageous number of amps.

We're just waiting for them to do the turnaround dance (1 hour max) and run the other way (this is an FIA event.) That otta be the last run of the meet...I think.

RtR

Wow! How fast did it go?