[ratpack] Re: New Daytona Prototype Announced

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:35:30 -0700

More photos of the Corvette DP are scattered in this gallery:
http://www.grand-am.com/multimedia/photos.cfm

On 11/16/2011 3:41 PM, Michael Wells wrote:
I saw the rendering of the Riley car a few months ago but I have seen no actual pictures as of yet. I'll keep my eyes open.

Dr Z

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I guess the Miller group feels they can make more money on a
    cancelled NBA season than with sports car racing.  Rotsa Ruck.

    The team list for the DP Corvette is pretty widespread: Action
Express, Spirit of Daytona...and Suntrust and Stallings/Gainsco. Otta be pretty darned interesting.

    In September, Riley announced development of a new car:
    http://www.grand-am.com/news/index.cfm?series=r&cid=45964
    <http://www.grand-am.com/news/index.cfm?series=r&cid=45964> but I
    haven't seen anything further on it.  I wonder what the
    competition's gonna bring to the track.

    On 11/16/2011 3:21 PM, Michael Wells wrote:
    Does this mean that Larr will finally start to like the
    prototypes? That is one nice looking car. But you know what
    really chaps my hide? Both Daytona & Watkins Glen will host two
    events and we get zip, thanks Miller, good thing Larry isn't
    around to see this.

    Dr Z

    On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Chuck <69datsun@xxxxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:69datsun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        Attn:  Miller Motorsports Park

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Nov 16, 2011, at 1:47 PM, Larry Knight
        <carpixguy@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:carpixguy@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        A New Daytona Prototype has been announced, check out this
        link. The new prototypes are apperantly not as ugly and
        bulbous as the old ones, the one shown is based on the
        Vette. It is actually kinda good looking.

http://www.corvetteonline.com/news/video-2012-corvette-daytona-prototype-debuts-at-daytona-speedway/
        Any more word on the RatPack Lunch? December 3rd? December 10th?
        Larr

-- Dr. Z
    aka Michael Wells
    MCWells Photography