[ratpack] Re: Just for Larry!

  • From: "Larry Knight" <Larry.Knight@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 15:36:10 -0700

Thanks Paul, I always like to get the feel for events I missed (I hope
you can imagine what a bad day Sat was for me: Sick, new camera, race
going on at miller without me)

Here are some interesting facts about 3 of those pics:

The blonde and brunette in the #384 pic are actually the daughter
(blonde) and wife (brunette) of the owner of the black Miata in #766 and
#1516 (coincidence or did you know that already). The owner is Larry
Carpenter. I think his son actually drives the little turbocharged black
rice burner. I think Larry is a little smoother and less abusive than
his son.

And yes, that is just barely oversteer for me, till the next corner any
way.

Thanks Paul!

P.S. Oh, Larry Carpenter usually hangs out with a Guy named Dave
Dingman, who drives a Bright Yellow and Blue Miata, that is similarly
modified (I.E: much more radically than spec Miata's) was he out there
also?

P.S.S The previous "speaks for it's self" pictures you sent around were,
how shall I say, more aesthetically pleasing. Maybe it was just the
light? Maybe when you know the people, it takes some of the "admiration"
of the aesthetics away?? Your thoughts on the subject??

#384----speaks for itself.

#683----Is this enough over steer for you?

#766----The black #4 Miata gave us some interesting times.  It seemed
like 1 out 4 laps he would get a little sideways.

#1516---Same Miata on his last lap.  Have to give him credit for trying
really hard.  He damaged his front splitter about 3 or 4 laps from the
end then on the last lap, maybe the next to last lap came around with
his rear bumper cover askew.  Ok torn to crap.

Every time he came around I got up of my fat a-- just to be ready.

#1156---what to say other than it is a Z06, black and beautiful, and
10x's quicker than the Ferrari.

Paul