[ratpack] Re: Credentials

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 02:48:06 -0600

Larry, I know just how you feel. The paper chase seems to be designed to make it easy (or at least defined) for the "big guys" and keep the little guys out.

I'm gonna miss ya in out little "catch as catch can" meetings around the track...but there's something to be said for the lack of pressure to get "the right shot" and actually sit back and enjoy the race.

The Camaros, Mustangs, and the lone Challenger made for a flashback to Trans-Am. Those pesky little Mazdas kinda spoiled the effect, but their fire breathing made up for it.

Man, the only thing I can think of to say to ya is that if ya give in, then "they" win. I know that's not really in concert with what I ranted on about, but I hate to think that the big ones can run roughshod over the little ones and not even care. I know they'd all like to have their own "pet photogs," journalists and film crews and nobody else around. And I wonder if it might not come to that. Go to a race where, say, ALMS and Speed TV conspire to ensure that they're the ONLY source of video and stills and verbiage. Sorta like a strictly controlled country where the only news comes thru the state-run media. That way only the information they want to get out actually does and none of the "real racing" stuff (like broken motors, tire problems, etc) ever gets to the consumer of the product. Sounds a bit like NASCAR and their secret rules and favoritism

I gotta go back to bed for a few more winks. RLS woke me up and I gotta get up in a coupla hours to finish prepping the "race car" for salt flats...we're supposed to have it out there Tuesday. We might make it and we might not. Yesterday was really a thrash that went very much like nowhere...and a lot of it was my fault for mis-interpreting what I read in a manual. Damn! I wrote it up on a thread in landracing:
http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,8625.0.html

I'll write more on this when my eyes aren't trying to slam shut constantly.

                        *From:* Michael Wells
                                *From:* Michael Wells