[ratpack] Admin: email addresses

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ratpack@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 07:39:42 -0600

I've seen numerous notifications of bounced posts because of non-subscribed email addresses.

Here's the deal: If you have multiple email addresses, you can only post to the list with the one you subscribed with. It's possible to add a second or third address, but then you'll get 2 or 3 copies of each and every post. I have numerous email accounts, so I have to be careful when composing a post to the list to ensure that it's sent from the proper one, otherwise, the post goes of into the great bit bucket in the sky and I get an email telling me about it. So if you've posted to the list and your post didn't show up, this is probably why.

Another suggestion: when you're replying to a previous post that has embedded images, remove those that you're not specifically addressing in your reply. This helps conserve bandwidth and makes life easier for those on slow connections.

Just a coupla suggestions to help ensure that your posts to the lists get there.