[raspberry-vi] Re: need accessible arch?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raspberry-vi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 00:47:36 +0000

Hello Aaron.

Welcome to the raspberry VI mailing list! the reason you can't find an
arch download image is because we're currently working on a new image
which should be uploaded soon. Our project Leader, Mike Ray has gotten
speech working in the console on the default raspbian image. do you know
how to SSH in to your image? while the image is being prepared, you
could try and install the audio code your self which would provide you
with speech in the console. forgive me if my instructions make little
sense to you, i'm unsure what level of experience you have. please reply
to this email with any questions you may have. the process is very
simple. write the raspbian image available from the foundation website
to an SD card using roadkill's disk imager which is fully accessible.
boot your Pi, and SSH in to it. then run the following commands.

git clone https://github.com/cromarty/ttsprojects.git

cd ttsprojects/raspberry-pi/libilctts/build

sudo ./build.sh

cd ../../piespeakup

sudo ./build.sh

then reboot. speech will then be heard via the 3.5MM audio jack which is
the default.

to change the audio source, edit /etc/default/piespeakup and uncomment
the relevant line in this case, device=hdmi to switch from the 3.5mm
jack to hdmi.

all the best,

Mo.