[raspberry-vi] Re: Waging the step: How to install Speakup and brltty on a new raspbian?

  • From: Mike Ray <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: raspberry-vi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 19:11:10 +0100

Richard,

speakup modules are already included in the kernel modules.

You will need to grab my audio code from git and compile the library and
then install piespeakup.

If you feel confident enough to do this then read on. If not I will try
to get this done and an image up on the site for download as quickly as
I can.

1. Clone the repo:

git clone http://github.com/cromarty/ttsprojects.git

cd ttsprojects/raspberry-pi/libilctts/build
sudo ./build.sh

cd ../../piespeakup
sudo ./build.sh

I have some issues at the moment with Arch Linux but I think it should
work with Raspbian at the moment.

If you don't use the audio lib the Pi will stutter very badly.

Mike

On 17/05/2015 18:56, Richard Emling wrote:

Hello Folks,

I just downloaded and wrote the most new Raspbian image from
http://raspberrypi.org. As it seems, I can connect via SSH and look around
wahts inside. Fine so far, but what to do next? Is there somebody in the
list who can give me a turn by turn instruction how to Install Speakup? As I
am informed, I have to compile it from source? Any help is appreciated.

Thx in advance

Richard

Raspberry Pi and the Raspberry Pi logo are trademarks of the Raspberry Pi
Foundation.

This list is not affiliated to the Raspberry Pi Foundation and the views and
attitudes expressed by the subscribers to this list do not reflect those of
the Foundation.

Mike Ray, list creator, January 2013

--
Michael A. Ray
Analyst/Programmer

"In the beginning there was Debian, and Ubuntu was without form, and void"

Eyes-free Linux:
http://eyesfreelinux.ninja/