[radioastro] Reply, jupiter storm and our location is Mountain Rest, SC

  • From: Victor Herrero <hubbleed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Radio JOVE NASA GSFC <radiojove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andy Mount <andrewmoun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:15:02 -0700

Yes !   I see Mountain Rest, in Beautiful South Carolina:
http://g.co/maps/3gwjb
Chattahooche Forest - Smoky Mountains -  wonderful !

I lived in the 70s in Charlottesville Virginia, working with the National
Radio Astronomy Observatory, and visited your region several times. Great
memories.

Re:  I checked radio Jupiter Pro and it predicted an B region storm

I refer to the RJP3 map for 110913:
//www.freelists.org/archives/radioastro/09-2011/pngNLEsbnqhGW.png

and I attach a Jupiter Radio Map Ver.0.7 (with much gratitude to Junpei
Azuma and Kazumasa Imai, Kochi National College of Technology, Japan) with
the Io dependent regions approximated by rectangular regions.

I do not see a significant Io-B opportunity on 110913.

Am I confused, as frequently happens ?

My ignorance is vast
Victor
http://herrero-radio-astronomy.blogspot.com/