[radioastro] Re: [Radio_JOVE] Re: Possible geomagnetic storm near March 17

  • From: Victor Herrero <hubbleed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Radio_JOVE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Arturo Garcia Cole <cole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 12:27:19 -0700

Hi Whit,

Your magnetometer display is excellent, and I will be monitoring it,
together with the other links.
Thanks.

Region 11054 is fairly active. I noticed a type III burst near 100314 0000
UT that reached 16 MHz in SWAVES Beacon.

Culgoora shows continuum radiation near 100314 0000 to 0200 UT, 57 to 180
MHz band. The CME occurred near that time interval.

Victor

-------

Hello Victor - The Earth's magnetic field is an almost direct indicator of
the Sun's activity. Radio Jove observers can see changes in the field in
almost real-time at the following websites:

Reeve Observatory: http://www.reeve.com/SAM/SAM_simple.html

Alaska Magnetometer Chain:
http://137.229.36.30/cgi-bin/magnetometer/magchain.cgi

Geostationary Operational Environmental Satellites (GOES):
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/rt_plots/mag_3d.html

The Alaska Magnetometer Chain is particularly good because it shows how the
Earth's field varies at higher latitudes.

Happy listening, and watching!

Whit
----
Whitham D. Reeve