[radioastro] Re: Jupiter Radio Map for Mac and Windows

  • From: Victor Herrero <hubbleed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kazumasa Imai <imai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, RadioJOVE ListServer <radiojove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 10:44:31 -0700

Hi Kazu, and all participants,

Many thanks for the Jupiter Radio software update:
http://jupiter.kochi-ct.jp/jrm/jrm007.jar
I also join you in recommending the wonderful program Jupiter Pro, created
by Radio Jove participant Jim Sky.
It is fun to use a variety of software and hardware options.

I congratulate your former student Junpei Azuma, and I wish him a very
successful career in the software industry, which I am certain he will have.

jrm007.jar runs well in my Vista operating system environment.
I have been using Jupiter Radio since last March, and it is a FUN program to
use.

Last March, I suggested:

"...Could the Warwick et al 1975 probability value be added to the CML and
Io Phase values, which are read out as the cursor is moved over the plot ?

The Nancay Radio Observatory plots also consider a D region. Could it be
added to the region plot ?
..."

As you explained at that time:

"...The probability values are color coded on the plane. It will
take more time to modify the program to display the probability
value on the mouse cursor position.

The Io-D region is active at the observing frequency less than
18 MHz. The observing frequency of RadioJOVE receiver is about
20 MHz. So we just neglect the Io-D region..."

I regularly analyze the data from the STEREO WAVES instrument, which
receives data below 16 MHz, and I have reported on Io-D events, and many
other Solar and Jovian events recorded by SWAVES. It would be so nice if you
could find time to incorporate the Io-D region.

Several Radio Jove participants are using the STEREO data, an extraordinary
pair of observatories costing in excess of 500 million US dollars. I hate to
ignore those very valuable observations.

Participants Mihai Dumitru EDRO, Steve McCauley ACkRO, Whitham Reeve, and
me, have very recently submitted an article to the Radio Jove Bulletin,
discussing the use of STEREO WAVES data in an interesting Solar event last
July 4. We hope it will be published soon.

My thanks to you, your collaborators, and the Kochi National College of
Technology in Japan, for your many contribution to the Radio Jove project.

Victor

Victor Herrero
//www.freelists.org/archive/radioastro
http://herrero.110mb.com/