[radioastro] I have read Jovian radio emissions have ended :-(

  • From: Victor Herrero <hubbleed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Radio JOVE NASA GSFC <radiojove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mileth Guerra <mileth40@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 10:15:33 -0700

I have read Jovian radio emissions have ended  :-(

Good morning Mileth and All,

re: he leído en la página de radio jove que las emisiones de radio de
júpiter ya llegaron a su fin

I am pleased to report that Jupiter is not dead, and continues to radio
emit in the 15 to 40 MHz band, from time to time.

I recommend you to study the wonderful Radio Jove Data List publications.
Please subscribe at:

For example, on 130509 (yymmdd) in broad daylight, beautiful Io-C event
spectra were published by Wesley Greenman, from the Great State of Florida.

I quote Wes:
"...Jupiter N-Events from 1737 to 1820 UT mixed with solar bursts. Jup was
well within the Jove Array beam.  Jup and the sun were about 2.25 in hour
angles apart.  Still surprised at all the daytime emissions..."

Unlike Wes, I am not surprised, Radio Jove Observers have been reporting
daytime Jovian events for years. It is true that daytime observing
conditions are less favorable, but not impossible for persistent and
dedicated Radio Jove Project Observers.

I wish All a lovely WednesDay, the Day of Wodan, God of the AngloSaxons
until 1000 plus years ago. Also known as the Day of Mercury, Miercoles in
Castillian.
Pranam
Victor :-)

Dr. Eng. Victor Herrero-Arrieta Ph.D. M.S. Ing.Ind.
http://herrero-radio-astronomy.blogspot.com/view/magazine   Radio Astronomy
Blog
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/victor-herrero-radio-astronomy  Messages
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=es&fromgroups#!forum/red-radioastronomia-en-espanol
http://herrero-victor.blogspot.com/  Astronomy Blog
http://historia-filosofia-fisica.blogspot.com/  Historia y Filosofia de la
Fisica
http://victorstravelpictures.blogspot.com/  Travel pictures

Estimado Dr. Eng. Victor Herrero-Arrieta

tengo mucho interés en estudiar júpiter, pero, he leído en la página de
radio jove que las emisiones de radio de júpiter ya llegaron a su fin.

soy muy nueva en esto, podría informarme por favor, cuando volverá a haber
una nueva temporada para observar las emisiones de júpiter desde mi país
Panamá.

muy agradecida.