[racktables-users] site network vlan mapping

  • From: Oscar Kene <oscar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 14:55:30 +0200

Hello,

I'm in a situation where I need to implement some kind of datacenter
documentation system. So far Racktables looks like it fits the part. One
thing stops me from moving forward right now though.

In my environment I have many sites and offices. All the offices use the
same VLAN structure and addresses despite being both layer2 and layer3
separated, so VLan X and address Y exists on several offices locally. So
some kind of SITE:NETWORK:VLAN mapping is needed. As far as I can see this
is not possible in Racktables? I've seen an old thread from 2010 that
discusses this but the outcome of that was kind of nothing.

Have Racktables support for the above or plan to have it?