[racktables-users] loadbalancer as a vm

  • From: Dave Augustus <davea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 05:44:56 -0500

In my situation, we have some loadbalancers which are currently physical but we are planning to make them virtual on CentOS 5.5 kvm. But I see that after adding some loadbalanced-services, I can only designate a PHYSICAL host as a load balancer. We are using a VM (ESX) currently without a problem but this observation brings up a few questions in my mind.

Is it a "good" practice to have a VM serve as a load balancer?

How can I use Racktables to signify this without "fudging" my current setup by making those VMs physical?

Thanks,
Dave