[racktables-users] Re: What is on the other end of the cable and other SQL queries

  • From: Alexey Andriyanov <alan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 09:52:25 +0400

Yes, my sample was written against 0.20.0, sorry for that.
If you use 0.19.x branch, you should take a look to the functions getPortInfo, getObjectPortsAndLinks, spotEntity and amplifyCell.

renderCell function surery exist in interfaces.php:
maintenance-0.19.x $ grep -n '^function renderCell ' *
interface.php:6647:function renderCell ($cell)

But it is not availible from standalone cli script. Are you sure you've called your script by web request?

11/30/11 19:02, Wawrzek Niewodniczanski пишет:
On 11/19/11 08:33, Alexey Andriyanov wrote:
It is completely wrong to get all the information you need by means of
SQL.

All the necessary queries and functions already persist in RackTables
and you can make them work for you. Note the wiki for sample:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/racktables/index.php?title=RackTablesDevelGuide#Adding_a_custom_report

Thanks for advice, it would be very helpful, because API looked like
something I needed, but the problem was I couldn't make any of the
example work ;-(

The most profound was lack of definition of renderCell. I'm on 0.19.9.

[...]
echo "Remote side of port#$port_id is $portinfo['remote_object_name']
$portinfo['remote_name']}\n";

What do 'remote_name' and 'remote_object_name' stand for in your
example? I cannot find such keys in portinfo array.

Thanks,
Wawrzek

--
Best regards,