[racktables-users] Re: Tags not showing Up

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <denis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 19:22:52 +0300

---- On Tue, 09 Sep 2014 18:27:58 +0300 Vinicius Provenzano  wrote ----

>Hi,
>
>If I use the demo from racktables.org, I can access a list of tags from a
>menu, when I click the folder icon. On my installation, no list shows up, and
>the field gets populated with an asterisk.
>
>Also I cannot add new tags on neither (demo or installation), just writing a
>string on the field “new tags here”.
>
>I’ve tried with IE10, Firefox 32, Chrome 37.02.
>
>I am on a complete loss here.

The control with the folder does not allow to create new tags, it is just an
alternative way of assigning existing tags to the current object. The original
way is through the "Tags" tab, which is only displayed when the system has any
tags added through Configuration -> Tag tree (this is what you should do first).

On the contrary, the control with the folder is displayed even when no tags
exist yet, which may be easily misinterpreted as the intended way to add new
tags. The next release will have this bug fixed.

--
    Denis Ovsienko