[racktables-users] Re: Setting up an SLB

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <pilot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:20:13 +0300

> What is the correct way to setup and slb? Anytime I click on the slb
> tab for anything I get the below error.
> I've added a router but can not seem to make the app recognize it as
> an slb.
>

> "An error has occured in function [N/A]. Additional information:
> Failed to find handler for page 'object', tab 'slb'"

Hello.

There's no user manual on this topic, so let's try inventing one. First
of all, the tabs shown in square brackets (e.g. [SLB]) are not yet
implemented. Then, the database was designed to allow configuring
Cisco, Foundry and keepalived load balancers. As long as I'm dealing
with keepalived currently, only the latter was implemented. It's really
easy to add the rest, if there are Cisco/Foundry users on the list,
who can provide feedback.

Most SLB configuration is currently done on the IPv4 SLB page. A
typical procedure for setting up a new virtual service would be:
1. Virtual services: create new VS.
2. RS pools: create new RS pool.
3. Browse the pool and add some real servers. Enable some or all RSes.
4. Attach a load balancer to the pool using the VS from step 1.

After that the LB will have "LVS configuration" tab enabled, which will
display a complete config file for keepalived.

An example configuration is available at
http://racktables.org/demo/0.14.12/?page=ipv4slb

This should be enough to get used to the concept. Let me know, if you
have more questions.

--
    DO4-UANIC