[racktables-users] Re: Segmentation fault on one object

  • From: Erik Weber <twiztar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 10:56:42 +0200

Denis Ovsienko wrote:
the server is a Xen Virtuall Machine!

Xen hosts aren't immune to bad RAM issues.

We dont habe any Problems with the other VM hosted there.
Can this problem come from something else than a broken RAM?

If it's not a RAM issue, I would advise to file a bug to your Linux
vendor against httpd or php package, because RackTables has no means
to crash its executing environment.

Just a thought, I'm not exactly sure what php libraries racktables use, but I've experienced segfaults due to GD failing (while using other php products). You could probably attach gdb (or strace or whatever) to one httpd and see what happens.

--
Erik