[racktables-users] Re: Remove Prefix without removing comments from every ip?

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <denis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 10:40:51 +0100

---- On Fri, 17 Apr 2015 21:16:53 +0100 Jon wrote ----

Hello All,

I needed to remove a subnet from racktables.  I was unable to do so until I
went through the comments for each IP and deleted them then saved the comments
field.

This took a while for a /24 but I got there eventually...  however, I have a
/22 I need to remove now.  Going through line by line will be excruciating...
Is there a way to remove a prefix without touching every IP in it?

Hello Jon.

You can use the IPV4_JAYWALK option to disable the safety check temporarily.
This will allow to delete the network but to leave the comments in the
database. Typically this makes sense when there is a network above that /22 so
that the comments will end up within the larger prefix.

--
Denis Ovsienko