[racktables-users] Re: Problem with Ldap

  • From: Marco Sommella <marco.sommella@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 16:09:22 +0200

2011/5/23 Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx>

> > i currently use my ldap server to grant access to all my linux server so
> i think my ldap server is ok.
> > where i'm doing something wrong ?
>
> Hello.
>
> Getting LDAP to work is tricky, but possible. What I would do in your place
> is dumping the traffic and looking for the difference between normal and
> failed cases. Also, for some Windows servers the following is necessary:
>
> 'options' => array (LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION => 3, LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS =>
> 0),
>
> (you may add more options to mimick the behaviour of a working client). And
> if you describe your environment in more details, other folks could come up
> with an advice.
>
> --
>  Denis Ovsienko

Tnx.
My LDAP server is running on Ubuntu Server 10.04 LTS. My users' FQN are link
this:
uid=test,OU=People,DC=mycompany,DC=it.

i put in secret.php lines suggested by Denis, but nothing changes.

if i try to login with Ldap user i receive a white page with: "access
denied" on top.

any help plz?

TNX
Marco Sommella