[racktables-users] Power consumption

  • From: "David E. Storey" <dstorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 11:22:50 +0000

Hello,

A client of ours mentioned RackTables a few weeks ago and I've been rather
hooked ever since. Then yesterday, I came across a spreadsheet I made up,
pre-RT, that described the power characteristics of the hardware we had in our
data center for the purpose of UPS sizing. While I can connect power cables
with RackTables, there's nothing that really describes the power draw or
thermal characteristics of the device. How would be the best way of adding that
functionality to RackTables? My initial thought was to somehow associate power
supplies with objects. (Some are swappable, while others are fixed.) Any ideas
would be appreciated.

Regards,
David