[racktables-users] Re: PDU outlets...

  • From: "Kiss Gabor (Bitman)" <kissg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:48:02 +0100 (CET)

Yeah it's pretty much impossible to plug in incompatible cords to outlets.
The reason I think it would be helpful is when you're viewing a rack
preparing to deploy new equipment it would let you confirm that the power
required is available on the PDU without having to visit the rack.

I only have 11 racks to manage here in the same building so it's not a huge
issue. But I could have more racks in another building in the future and
being able to look in RackTables to confirm exactly which variety of power
outlet is available could save me a lot of time and headache down the road.

I said just add a comment to PDU objects.
Defining new type of AC-out connectors would not be more helpful
when searching free C19 sockets. It is because you should check manually
all PDU objects near to planned location anyway.
There is no function like "list unused PDU ports of type XXX".
(Unless you write it, of course.)

Gabor