[racktables-users] Re: Noob assistance IP calculation assistance

  • From: James S <vahokie94@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 17:26:16 -0500

Thanks for the advice. I'll try it in the morning.

The Stockdale paradox

From: tim@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [racktables-users] Re: Noob assistance IP calculation assistance
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 09:43:42 +1300
To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You could potentially save that query in a file called query.txt for instance
and then run it from the command line like so:
mysql -D racktables_db < query.txt > result.txt
That would output a result.txt file to the filesystem.  Or you could email the
report to ourself like this:
mysql -D racktables_db < query.txt | mailx -s 'IP Address Report'
email@xxxxxxxxxxx
Once you've got that configured you could schedule that report by putting the
whole command in cron.

On 7/03/2012, at 9:23 AM, James S wrote:I did a little more research and was
able to create some pretty basic SQL queries that I ran individually in
PhpMyAdmin, I then exported them. Is there an easier way?
Here are two of the queries:
SELECT name, INET_NTOA(ip)FROM IPv4NetworkLIMIT 0 , 30;
SELECT name,reserved, INET_NTOA(ip)FROM IPv4AddressLIMIT 0 , 30;
Should I be manually running them there or is there a better way to store the
SQL query so I can run it periodically?

The Stockdale paradox