[racktables-users] Re: Migration how-to?

  • From: Lucas Aimaretto <laimaretto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:43:18 -0200

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 7:48 PM, Howard White <hwhite@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We are in the process of replacing the server upon which we run
> racktables.  I am not a mysql whiz so I am beginning the study of how to
> unload the database tables with an eye toward loading them back in on the
> new server.
>
> The wiki has install notes (which must have worked as I got this far). If
> someone has notes about such a migration process, either within the same
> version or better yet upgrading to the latest version, I would be much
> obliged.  We have version 0.20.3 installed so I'm not too worried about
> upgrading at this time.

Hi Howard, how are you?

I've done before what you are planning to do now but always using the same
version of racktables.

In order to do it I did a fresh install of racktables in the new server
following the web install [1] and then I made a backup of the old database
and just dumped it into the new mysql on the new sever. It went just smooth

You can do the backup and restore as follows...

lucas@server_old:$ mysqldump -u root -p racktables > rt.sql
lucas@server_new:$ mysql -u root -p racktables < rt.sql

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Lucas

[1] -
http://wiki.racktables.org/index.php/RackTablesInstallHowto#Using_browser_based_install_script

--
"Antes teníamos hambre y mirábamos el reloj para saber qué hora era. Ahora
miramos el reloj para saber si tenemos hambre." -- Ernesto Sábato