[racktables-users] Re: Locate LED

  • From: Simon Kainz <simon.kainz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:34:07 +0200

Denis Ovsienko wrote:
>> Yes, I use the ipmitool tool :-) to set led stati. My question was
>> rather as how/where to include this in RT? I mean to get a
>> button/checkbox/whaterver on the properties panel of my Server object.
>
> The simplest way is to add a dedicated IPMI tab for that, for that you'd need
> to look into navigation.php and add a couple of functions there: one (look
> for samples in interface.php) to render a panel with a "fire" button (and
> with some radios or whatever is needed), and another (samples in
> ophandler.php) to handle the pressing of that button. The latter function
> would actually call the ipmitool to do something.
>
> And, if you'd want it to look more consistently, you'd need to register a
> third function (trigger), which would tell, if your IPMI panel works with a
> particular object or not. Then the tab would be only displayed where it makes
> use (and not on every switch, patch panel and so).
>
> Once you finish that, you can put all that into local.php and your addon will
> likely survive RackTables upgrades (and you can put it into contribs
> directory of RackTables, if you want).
>
> --
>     Denis Ovsienko

Hi!

I digged through the code and following the already existing schema, i
added an IPMI panel which is only displayed after ipv4 address
allocation for a specific object. Now I have some questins:

I usually have hosts with several interfaces, strictly separating
between ipmi and non-ipmi networks for security reasons. Now I would
like to have either a select component or several option buttons,
displaying all assigned network interfaces for my current object. I am
able to list all assigned interfaces, but where/how do I persist an IPMI
interface selection? Should a add a new attribute holding the interface
id? Is this "nice & clean"? Is there something similar alread in RT
where i take a glimpse at?

Regards,

--
DI Simon Kainz