[racktables-users] Installation Issue

  • From: "Bednarz, Mark" <MBednarz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 08:29:23 -0400

Good Morning All,

I became aware of RackTables from an article on Tech Republic (
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/doityourself-it-guy/diy-data-center-rac
k-management-made-easy/581?tag=nl.e101) and decided to give it a try.

I am installing v0.19.7 onto a Ubuntu 11.04 VM. I've installed the
recommended mysql-related items, but when I get to the part where the
browser install needs to occur, I am running into a problem: On the
RackTables installation: step 2 of 6 page, I get Failed from "PDO-MySQL
extension"

I've tried googling and looking on RackTables' website for a solution,
but have not found one that has worked for me. My Unix/Linux experience
is extremely low, so if you have suggestions, please tell me how to
carry out these suggestions.

Thank you all in advance,

 Mark Bednarz

Network Analyst