[racktables-users] Re: How to add new Disk Array to chassis container

  • From: Aaron Dummer <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 15:57:51 +0000

Quoting sberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Ran into a small glitch this morning. I've got a Dell M1000e with two Dell Equalogic PS-M4110 disk arrays. They're double width storage array blades. I have added a Disk Array object but can't assign it to a double width slot in the chassis. How do I let racktables know that this disk array is a blade which can be contained inside the chassis object?

Supporting all possible chassis layouts is very challenging.

This is how they are defined now: http://wiki.racktables.org/index.php/RackTablesUserGuide#Visual_Representation

If someone wants to support other layouts, contributions are welcome. Please provide a patch or extremely detailed specifications (DB schema changes, precisely what the code would do, how it would handle all or at least a majority of layouts, etc.).

--
Aaron Dummer