[racktables-users] Cloning devices

  • From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:42:27 +0200

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to clone devices.  Specifically, I want to make a few
"template" objects which are a more powerful form of the "autoports" option.
These objects will have ports, HW model, and a common name.  I want to clone
them, clearing any settings which cannot be duplicated (such as IP address,
serial, etc).  Is there a way to do this?  Does anyone have a local patch to
do the same?

Regards,
Tyler

--
"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any
other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its