[racktables-users] Re: Change numbering order in rack

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <pilot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 01:27:49 +0400

Hello, all.

> I have one question - how can I change the numbering in the rack to
> start from the top?
> My racks are labeled starting from the top, instead from the bottom
> that seems to be default in Racktables. I believe ticket 37 in Trac
> might be the same feature request?

Yes, exactly.

> I've poked around in the source, and there seem to be a field
> defining if the first unit is bottom, but I cannot find any way of
> setting this except hardcoding it in the database.php file. Some of
> the functions like render atom will also need to check for this
> field. I might be able to hack it for my own use, but I'm not a PHP
> programmer, and you would not want my ugly hacks commited to the
> code :-)
>
> Is there any progress on this feature?

The rack property you are mentioning is a remnant of a quick hack I
tried (and had no quick success). The right way (tm) to do it isn't yet
implemented, but there's some good news. This feature is the next on
the project's roadmap, its draft name is "2D maps". Let me release
0.16.0 in a few days and soon after that I will be able to present the
new concept on the list. Stay tuned.

--
    DO4-UANIC