[racktables-users] Re: CSV import plugin

  • From: Lucas Aimaretto <laimaretto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 23:26:29 -0300

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Erik Ruiter <erik.ruiter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
>  To make it easier to import objects and other things in Racktables, I
> built an CSV import plugin which enables loading batches of data.
>  It adds an CSV import page on the configuration menu screen.
> From here you can choose to either import a CSV file, or paste some manual
> CSV lines in a textbox.
>
>  The script currently supports importing of Objects, Racks, VLANs and IP
> space.
> It also supports linking ports, and assigning rackspace to objects.
>
>  The syntax of the CSV formatting is explained in the source code of the
> plugin.
>
>  I hope this might be useful to you. Feedback is very welcome of course.
>
>  You can find the plugin at:
>
>  https://github.com/sara-nl/racktables-contribs/blob/master/csv_import.php
>

>  Best Regards,
>
>  Erik Ruiter.

Hi Erik,

I'm using your plugin and have succesfully imported IP spaces and VLANs.

But when trying to import an object such as a router (type 7), it would
import it but the ports are not created.

For example, I would do:

OBJECT;7;myRouter;www.router.com;RT0001;eth[0-2];1204

And the object myRouter is created but the ports eth0-eth2 of type
SFP-1000-LX (1204) are not created at all ...

Any hint?

Best regards!

Lucas

--
"Antes teníamos hambre y mirábamos el reloj para saber qué hora era. Ahora
miramos el reloj para saber si tenemos hambre." -- Ernesto Sábato