[ql06] Re: CRIMINAL: U.S. Woman Sentenced for Hacking E-Mail Account

  • From: "K.K. Campbell -- LAW'06" <2kc16@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ql06@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 16:15:22 -0400

Oh, I know what I forgot to mention -- the ease with which she figured
out how to crack Yahoo accounts.

I've never had one of them, but this is what she told me.

If you forget a password, Yahoo used a stupid system of having you pick
from a set of questions and give an answer. Answering that provides the
pass.

For instance, "What is your favorite car?" That question would pop up.
Since she was hacking accounts of her family and friends, she had some
inside info. "Mercedes." She just rifled through them all one night and
compiled quite a list.

Easy.

Ken.

--