[pythonvis] Re: Install Python Module

  • From: Jim <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 13:26:00 -0500

Hi,
Thanks to Richard, I now see easy_install and pip. I think I was
reading an old document. Next question is how do I know which program
to use? Will the instructions to the module tell me? I was trying to
update my copy of the MarkDown module, if it has a newer version.

Thanks.

Jim

On 12/16/15, Richard Dinger <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jim,

What are you installing and, as Les asked, what have you tried?

If you have a Python version built after early December last year, pip and
easy install come with Python. Both are in the scripts directory of the
main install directory.

Richard