[pythonvis] Re: How Do You GGet and Set Up a Python Module?

  • From: Jim <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:52:45 -0400

Hi,
When you install a module, is there a "normal" place it puts its
documentation? As I was installing MarkDown, I heard it say it was
writing HTML files, but since it did not say where it was putting
them, I'm unsure where to look. I tried to look in my Python directory
tree for the files, because I thought that if I heard their names, I
would recognize them, but I was unsuccessful. I also went into the
Python interpreter and determined that I could go into the help system
and type something like help markdown and get a ton of documentation
to come onto my screen. Is there a way to still be in the Python
interpreter's help system and make help commands go to a file?

Thanks.

Jim

List web page is
//www.freelists.org/webpage/pythonvis