[python] Re: python Digest V11 #56

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 11:28:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Howard,

I think your roof rounds out folding package nicely, besides providing shade.
Just did a test of our big roof in the rain.  The body is covered pretty well,
but not the legs as the rain can fly in almost to the knee.
http://youtu.be/L2KVo5_DS1U

According the DirkB, the damper is also used in the Flevo to prevent flopping
at rest, but degrades steering somehow,
//www.freelists.org/post/python/PSI,2.  A metal frame pivoting at the rear
has similar restriction but quite smooth on steering,
http://youtu.be/nrV-bAKlyac, perhaps due the difference in geometry and
materials...

Vi