[python] Re: lean steer trike

  • From: <spartansmoke@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:14:09 -0500

I hope this is not too far off the normal topic for this group.

This is not a Python, but I ran across this lean steering trike and thought I would pass the URL along to anyone who may be interested and not have seen it. It looks quite interesting and the construction of a similar one appears to be relatively simple. The weight at 36 pounds seems a bit heavy, and a 20 inch drive wheel would make it a bit slow for my tastes. It is sad that he went commercial with it so quickly.

http://www.rohorn.com

The lean mechanism appears to be two tie rods attached to a solid rear axle. I'm still constructing models to determine what could work best for the front pivot. My intial thought is that it utilizes some kind of ball joint. Perhaps others can see something in the photos that I cannot.

I realy like the use of a BB as the pivot mechanism on the Python, but it I hate having to part with a really good and lightwieght pair of alloy crank arms. I think I may machine a pair of "cranks" out of solid aluminum stock.

I'm anxiously awaiting my first ride down the mountains on my own Python. I think that will be quite a ride. :-)

Michael

Worried about inbox overload? Get MSN Extra Storage now! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es