[python] Re: hands free braking aka coaster brake component

  • From: Frank Schmaus <frank.schmaus@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:41:32 +0200

There's a german guy writting hippie-style books about building bicycle parts from crap and he has very detailed ideas of how to use an old hub with coaster break as a break on normal upright bicycles in the front wheel.

He has a normal break handle attached to a piece of bicycle chain that runs around the chainwheel of the former coaster break hub. The other side is hold by a spring, so that the chain can travel some distance. Maybe some of the hints about that can be helpfull. I could have a look whether I find the details and drawings and send them via mail.

Cheers,
Frank