[python] Re: front brake with two cables

  • From: dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 19:48:15 +0200

Hi Torben and Tobias,

Seen from the security side: the critical part of a brake is the cable, and that is double. In this solution the socket, the pads and the brake arms are single. But these are not really know to fail. And again, the brake on the rear wheel is very dangerous, as locks out happen regulary in my case - with one fall inside of a month.

AFAIK danish law is even more precise. It states that you have to have independent brakes _and_ they should brake different wheels. Thus a rear and a front brake. I will reconsider and put a cheapo extra brake lever hidden under the seat to the rear just for legality sake.

Dirk

Torben Scheel wrote:
Nice, "But what if the brakepad loosens, or the brakemounting gives in?" asked the nosy little boy ;-)

I'm pretty sure that the legal demand (in denmark) for two independant brakes are made so there's always a backup.cheers
Torben