[python] Re: frame geometry

  • From: Rasmus Emil Møller <aer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:34:10 +0100

Hello to the list,

I am happy to join the list;
I am Danish, read German, comfortable in English and French.

I really want to build my own 26" Python lowracer, and I have a
good friend with lots of welding experience to help me :).

However, he would really like some drawings/measures to build from,
so I try to calculate sizes and angles from the photo galleries.

Now first of all: the infamous "pivot angle of 80 degrees" - where do I
measure that one? From reading all the mails I thought it would be
the angle of the steering pivot relative to horisontal (should be equal
to the angle of the 40x10 front fork tubing  relative to vertical, no?).

I measured that angle to be 70 degrees from the photos, is that right,
or have I misunderstood?

Anyway, I think I should try just to get the tube lengths right and the
angle
between the "front fork tube" and the "rear fork tube" at the lowest point
of the bike - seems to be about 140 degrees.

I really hope to be riding this summer!

Anybody thought of a suitable front or tail fairing?

yours truly

Rasmus Møller