[python] Re: carbhyton

  • From: Ronald Hongsermeier <ronwhongsermeier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 23:26:33 +0200

olaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On 13 sep 2006, at 12.20, Jürgen Mages wrote:

Soon winter is here. I would like to build the next python in my
kitchen where it is warm and comfy. Indoor MIG-MAGING might burn a
hole or two in the table cloth. That's why CF rules.
But I am a complete novice and have to read and learn everything from
 scratch. Any pointers to good primers on CF?

Are you sure it is a good idea to work with epoxy in a closed room? A good info source is alwys R&G and their forums.

Ok then, to hell with epoxy. I was not aware of the big risk of skin allergy - I already have chronic urticaria giving me enough trouble.

You just have to take care not to come into direct contact with the unmixed or uncured liquid components and to ventilate the room. If you are going to be doing a frame with carbon fiber cloth it would be best to do it with a vacuum bag anyway, which will cut down the fumes considerably, esp. if you vent the vacuum exhaust to the outside. Once everything is cured, i.e., the epoxy is hardened, it is no trouble. (be sure to wear a mask if you have to sand!)

olaf