[python] Re: Restructuring the Wiki?

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 19:58:30 +0200

Thanks for the well-considered discussion about the future concept of our wiki. What a great community we have!

On 20.05.2008 13:11, dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx wrote:
I would be happy to have the openbike opened up to mid steer in generally, this reorganisation is a step in that direction. I have a python, ride it, and am perfectly happy about the bike. And so I would like to move on onto other projects. I imagine that this might be the case for other people too. Opening the openbike wiki for other designs, might establish a community that is in general interested in building mid steer bikes, without being overrun by the mainstream recumbents.

Dirk expresses exactly my feelings. I am especially interested in Ghislains TT-LD lowracer and would like to gather more info about these type of bikes. The Cruzbike would be a little too far off for my taste, but the Speculoos-type creations of Laurent Dechenne are really very hot. Also lowracer-flevo prototypes catch my interest.

The high center-steered recumbents like flevobike, chinkara and airbike are not really my thing, but they deserve some space too. And like e.g. Marc proves, they are not dead and will always find their friends (any pictures yet Marc?)

We all love the simplicity, short/untwisted chain and the hand-free rideability of these bikes, so why not unite them in this wiki?

As Dirk proposes: we could just change the main page and move the actual main page into the python area, to which the python purists can set their bookmarks.

Best regards,