[python] NT, Pivot Angle, and handling question

  • From: Tim k <timfire2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 11:31:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

  I'm new to the list and trying to learn more about pythons, with the
possibility of trying to make one sometime this summer.

  Anyway, I had a question about the handling of a bike --- all things being
equal (which I know they almost never are)  is the handling of the bike all
about the seat rising effect?

  For example, a bike with 14cm of NT and a 60 degree pivot angle has about the
same amount of seat rise as a comparable bike with 30cm of NT and a 78 or so
pivot angle. All things being equal (center of gravity, wheelbase, wheel  size,
etc), would these two bikes more or less handle the same?

  Thanks! I apologize if this has been covered before. I've been trying to make
my way through the archive, but there's just so much information to go through.

--Timothy Walters Kleinert
http://mail.yahoo.com