[python] Re: My Trike

  • From: Dirk Steuwer <dirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 08:09:13 +0000

hi Erik,

are you referring to steering stability when riding with your fairing?
you optimised that for aerodynamics from head to tail but the side is a "flat wall"
I understand that it is difficult to change the sides, since you need leg room for pedalling and a curved version would be too wide in track width...
how about leaving away the side panels of the front all together?
How about changing the to something like a "net"-structure either from garments or a panel with lots of holes in it?
this should not change riding aerodynamics too much but take a lot of side wind pressure from interfering with your steering.

there have been posts in the mailing list and there are some pictures in the wiki too regarding steering dampers. i have not tried them myself, but experiences seem to be mixed.

what pivot angle did you go for?
i believe on a trike you could go more shallow to increase straightening of you weight?
Also or additionally can you shift weight towards the middle of the bike? (is a pedelec right? where is the battery located?)

regards,
DirkS

Zitat von Erik Wassermann <erik.wassermann@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi all!
I want to show You my Trike. It's a three seated for carrying my kids to the kindergarten and daily commute to work. It's actually quite fast, traveling speed about 32-35 kmh (~20mph). Pictures are in this German thread: http://www.velomobilforum.de/forum/index.php?threads/python-rikscha.40714/page-2

Currently there are two issues: Cornering stability is not so great due to ling wheelbase, but I can arrange with that. Second is affect to the side wind. Above 30kmh it gets creapy when its really windy.

Has anyone experience with steering damper to improve the stability?

Best regards,
Erik

with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.