[python] Re: Logo Contest

  • From: Rhisiart Gwilym <Rhisiart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 22:00:16 +0000

Hello all,

I have started a logo contest for our wiki front page:

http://en.python.data.he-hosting.de/Logo-Contest

Hoping for better contributions than mine ;-)

Siwmae Jurgen,

I was just having another look at your logo suggestions. I haven't any new suggestion, except perhaps to overlay the python circular monogram onto the back wheel of the bike and rider schematic: combine them.

But what I really wrote to say was that, looking at the schematic, I see again with renewed clarity what an elegant solution that design is! You know how scientists and mathematicians will often speak of the 'elegance' of a theory, an insight, a solution? They mean the combination of simplicity,and inevitable rightness, and effective power to do things. Well, after all that odyssey through Airbike and Flairbike, and all the pondering -- I think the Python is a beautiful summation. The more I look at it, the more I see the +rightness+ of each part. Simple, cheap, unfussy, just right. A great piece of creative engineering. I really love being a follower on this freshly-blazed trail. My own is coming on now, but the first one will be a 20"-wheeler. So I think I shall have to make another, a close clone of P3, because I can't see what one could do to improve that basic concept much, and I just want to know how it rides.

Hwyl fawr!   RhG