[python] Hi

  • From: "Brecht Vandeputte " <brecht.vandeputte@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 21:48:06 +0200

Hi all,

I'm following the existence of the Python since the first e-mails J.M.
sent out about it. Glad to see it's becoming a cult object... I would
love to build one but it will have to wait a while until I move house
and a shop is installed, end 2004. Yes I know what has just been said
about overplanning but that's professional deformation. Anyway I'm being
served with a trike and an Alleweder for now. But a big hand for the
brave men who actually build them and master them subsequently! Respect.

There's a well-equipped but rusty 10speed roadbike in the shed, begging
to get cut up. But with an inseam of 88cm I guess its 28" wheels will be
a tad too tall? Am I correct that the python in the gallery featuring
Peter is based on a 28" roadbike?

I did some rather acrobatic experiments with that roadbike and can't
really decide if it would work. Sheer distance is ok but I wonder if the
inside of my thighs wouldn't rub the wheel/fender.

Were the rear dropouts (former fork ends) modified?

Good luck,

Brecht Vandeputte  Belgium.

Brecht Vandeputte

Architect | M.Sc. Communication & Information

 Office 4 Jules McLeodstraat

B-9050 Gentbrugge Belgium

Mobile +32 476 238 000

T&F +32 93 24 93 46