[python] First Down-Under Python

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:23:46 +0100

Good news from warmer regions:

Hello from Down-Under,

Python-Militaire - just hatched in Melbourne, Australia.

After completing my last project, a  replica of a  Wilkinson year 1910
motorcycle in a recumbent style

http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/home/vichpv/web/members/robertw/robertw.html

I decided to build another replica, this time of  a Militaire year 1911 USA
motorcycle in a recumbent style as well. But I have been perswaded by my
friend and recumbent rider George D to have a look at Python website by
Jürgen Mages. I got hooked on the challenge not only to build this very
appealing recumbent but also on the challenge to learn to ride it.  I have
just built one with minor modifications (see photos). I like portability of
all my bikes and have made this one also folding. I will paint it and add
all the necessary accessories as soon as I attain the 'Zen' feeling. As so
many other  Python builders, I found learning to ride it more challenging
then building it. I have still a long way to go to attain the 'Zen' feeling,
but I am getting better every day and anjoying the experience. Comments
welcome. Best wishes for the coming season.

Robert W

Pictures:

http://www.python-lowracer.de/doc/p-mz4.4.16.12.05.jpg
http://www.python-lowracer.de/doc/p-mz3.3.16.12.05.jpg
http://www.python-lowracer.de/doc/p-m1.1.5.12.05.jpg
http://www.python-lowracer.de/doc/P-m1.1%20frame%2010.05.jpg
http://www.python-lowracer.de/doc/p-m%20z1.1.7.12.05.jpg

Sorry Robert,

your posting was blocked by the list-engine because it was bigger than
150 KB. Therefore I chopped it up and resent it.

Welcome and Thanks,